Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Are You One Of The 10% ?"





"What would make you shout for joy at the top of your lungs?"

Without hesitation the inmate's response was immediate: "I would be overwhelmed if my sentence was overturned!" "I would shout at the top of my lungs to be free from prison!" "I would shout for joy if my children were saved!" "I would cry with happiness to be free from my addictions!"

This Thanksgiving we shared with the women from Luke 17:11-19. Jesus heals the ten leper's... but only one came back to give praise to the Lord. Was Jesus hurt that only one returned? Wasn't His generous love was the same for all?


Each of us suffer from the leprosy of sin; it's deformity consumes us, we are helpless to heal ourselves and it makes us an outcast from God's presence. Only Jesus alone is able to heal us of this deadly disease in our lives... 
"Jesus, Master, have pity on us."
"When Jesus saw them, he said, Go..." 
As they went they were cleansed. 
All ten were healed, but only one came back to give thanks.
 "Are you one of the 10% who will turn back to Jesus to give thanks for your healing?"
Friends, it's not too late to begin right now... 





My prayer for you... is that you will rejoice and praise at the beautiful feet of Jesus!  I can hear the Spirit of Jesus lovingly say to each one of us...

"Rise up and go; your faith has made you well!" Luke 17:19

- Shug

No comments:

Post a Comment